Saturday, September 15, 2007

It Begins with Me

I am an advocate for change and progression. While being an advocate sometimes I feel like there is something missing. I feel that I need more then I have. Sometimes I get discouraged when I think about the potential of individuals who never realize that potential until it was to late. When this happens I get depressed again thinking " somebody should have done something, somebody should have encouraged the brother or sister." However, I can't help but think that somebody did say something and that might have been the problem. Somebody is singular meaning one. Supposed we embrace the old philosophy that "it takes a village to raise a child".

I'm convinced that if change is going to come it is going to come through a community. The major part of this word community is unity. People have to come together and share thoughts, ideas, strategies to advance and uplift one another. I want to encourage you with this clip from Louis Farrakhan, to engage in conversation about how do we get back to or form a community. My Grandma used to sing a song that said "Lord send a revival and let it begin with me" I feel we need a revival of intellectualism, social activism, a revival of people loving one another and living among each other in peace and tranquility, a revival of respect for heritage not just our own. That revival is coming why not let it begin with you.

It can begin with you not forgetting your brothers and sisters. It can start by personal commitment to live a life that is reflective to what our community strives to be. Lets raise our kids, lets love our spouses, lets give a damn about somebody other than ourselves. Then the revival will come that no tent or church or civic center will be able to hold.





Peace and Love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recieve the instruction my brother, keep inspiring us to reach for higher heights.

Sharing Knowledge..Uplifting Community